This is by far one of my favorite make-up related items that I’ve ever owned. My eyelashes are decently long (not long enough!), but they are blonde on the tips and grow straight out. Without mascara I look like I don’t have eyelashes at all, and even with mascara you can’t really see them unless I curl them. I’ve gone through probably 5 or 6 eyelash curlers in my adult life. Some have broken, and with others I’ve just run out of the pad refills and bought a new curler instead of replacing the pads. But I’ll tell you, I tried the Whiplash Eyelash Curler from Crave Naturals just ONCE and tossed my old one right into the trash.
First impressions: The box is stinkin’ adorable. The pink is fabulous (of course), and the throwback comic book feel to the image is so fun and unexpected. The eyelash curler itself has the most wonderful pink handles, and of course the pad is pink too! Plus, it has this hook type device to keep the handles together which makes storage much easier. Oh and the amount of pads that are included is so great. Usually when you buy an eyelash curler you get the one pre-installed, and one extra. This curler comes with the one installed plus 10 extra! What a great deal… it’ll take me a long long time to go through that many.
First use: Let me just say this: THIS. THING. WORKS. On clean lashes, I positioned the curler as close to my eyelid as I could and squeezed down for a few seconds. Bam. All of my lashes on one eye were perfectly curled upward and I could actually see them! The difference between my curled and uncurled lashes on the other eye was huge. I did the same to the other eye, applied a single layer of my favorite mascara, and had fabulous long and visible lashes.
Since the first time I used it, I’ve used it every day. It works great, is adorable and doesn’t pull my lashes. Overall it is a well make product that is a must have for any make up enthusiast.
Here are a few pointers from the folks at Crave Naturals:
1. I know that the box for Whiplash is very eye catching and tempting to keep, however it is 100% recyclable, so please recycle it instead of throwing it in the trash. If you want to keep it as a piece of art, we completely understand.
2. There is a closure latch on Whiplash to make it easier to travel with and put away in your makeup bag, however you don’t need to use the latch at all. It can actually be taken off, it’s up to you.
The Secrets of Getting a Perfect Curl:
1. Always curl your lashes before putting on mascara. This prevents the lashes from sticking to the curler which can cause them to be pulled out.
2. Keep your lash curler clean at all times. This helps protect the eyelashes and also your eye from getting an infection.
3. A makeup artist once shared this tip with me: heat the lash curler up with your blow dryer for 5-10 seconds. Touch it to make sure it’s not too hot and then use the warmed up curler to curl your lashes. You must be careful that the curler it not too hot!
4. It doesn’t hurt to pump the curler to get a stronger curl.
5. Last, finish with one or two coats of mascara.
OR as an added bonus, Crave Naturals is offering a limited time discount coupon for my readers. Simply follow the instructions below!
1. Go to amazon.com and search pink eyelash curler.
2. Find Whiplash and add it to your cart.
3. Before finalizing the order, use promo code: 6W64Z25Z to receive 25% OFF your order.
4. Reviews are appreciated.
I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions are my own.