This is a fun one. Almost everyone wants to know the gender of their baby as soon as possible, myself included. There are many ‘wives tales’ about pimple break outs, how high you are carrying, heart rate, how much you are glowing, the amount of morning sickness, etc. The list goes on and on. However doctors cannot officially check for gender until at least 14 weeks when baby’s sex organs are developed enough to be able to differentiate on an ultrasound. This fun kit claims to be able to tell you whether you are having a boy or girl as early as 6 weeks pregnant by using a similar method to the pregnancy test that you took when you first found out you were pregnant.
First, a few notable words from the Amazon product page:
- Gender Reveal Test Kit is perfect for discovering the sex of your baby and for your Reveal Party
- SIMPLE TO USE urine test can be performed as early as 6 weeks of pregnancy. Provides Clear Results! Designed for easy home use by curious expectant mothers.
- Proven to be 100% ACCURATE about half the time. 😉 It’s quick, easy to use, and easy to understand. The clear test tube makes it as easy to read as a baby monitor display. The color chart indicates boy or girl requiring no subjective interpretation. It’s natural – no drugs or invasive devices and procedures.
- COMPREHENSIVE and PERSONAL. The most advanced way of testing and the safest non-invasive method that detects gender indicators.
- GUARANTEED ACCURATE or MONEY BACK! Order yours and find out if your baby is a boy or girl. Click ADD TO CART!
Just to be clear, I want to point out a few things before I get into my experience with the product. As stated above, it is proven to be “100% accurate about half the time”. So this means it is only about 50% accurate, which are the same odds as if someone were to walk up to you and take a guess. That being said, they also offer a money back guarantee where if you are not happy with the product, they’ll refund your purchase.
Obviously this gender reveal test was not intended as a replacement for a doctor’s sonogram. It’s made for fun, or a gift for an excited mom who just found out that she’s expecting. I didn’t take it seriously like some of the other people who have written negative reviews about it, mainly because it clearly states on both the product page and the box that it is not 100% accurate and they recommend that you “wait to paint the nursery or make any financial or emotional decisions”.
Ok, now on to the fun part. Here’s my experience using the product:
- Unfortunately it did not come in the box as displayed on the Amazon product page. Instead it came in a brown cardboard box. However, there were two kits included so you can either double test, or have two gifts.
- The instructions are very clear. Pee into a cup, use the syringe to put a few drops into the test tube, then shake. The tube will either turn green for a boy or purple for a girl.
- My results: I used both kits just to give it a fair shot. Both tubes turned green indicating that I’m having a boy. Considering I’m 7 months pregnant and have had 4 ultrasounds indicating that it’s a girl, I’m going to side with the doctors on this one.
Long story short, this gender reveal kit is for entertainment purposes only. As long as you understand that, you’ll think it’s great.
To purchase this product, click the link below.
Baby Gender Reveal Kit Prenatal Sex Test for Early Pregnancy (ON SALE TODAY: 2 COMPLETE KITS for the price of 1! Everything Needed to Learn the Gender of Your Baby)